Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
D-Tech Business Concepts, LLC, (D-TECH) is pleased to announce that as of September 1, 2009, we will be offering our new medical/dental cross-coding services that will allow your office to submit dental procedure claims to a patient’s medical plan. By offering you this new service, D-Tech will make available to your office the ability to:
* Provide patients who are compromised medically by oral conditions the ability to tap into their medical benefits to help pay for their procedures.
* Provide patients who have both medical and dental insurance plans the flexibility to divert the medically necessary procedures to their medical plan allowing them to save their dental plans yearly allowances for their dental procedures.
* Yield increased revenues for your practice while experiencing wide case acceptance.
* Provide patients with a sense that your practice is willing to support their effort to secure medical benefits while also becoming and excellent marketing tool for your practice.
As you consider our new service, please see below a few of the procedures that would qualify:
* Trauma procedures
* Medically necessary oral surgical, laser, and periodontal procedures (and this should only continue to grow with continuing research into the oral systemic link)
* Medically necessary implant, endodontic, and prosthodontic procedures
* TMD procedures
* Sleep apnea appliances
* Oral cancer screening
* Any medically necessary exams and X-rays that are associated with the above procedures
* Worker's Compensation cases
* Frenectomy procedures
* Bone grafts
* CT scans
* Panoramic and cephalometric x-rays
* Consultations and exams
If you would like to discuss this service, or engage D-TECH for a comprehensive consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Maryland officials have said this is the first state law of its kind to advance EHR adoption in this way. Read full story...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
"The Division of Legal Affairs actively monitors and engages in legal issues that are important to or may affect ADA members and supervises litigation pertaining to ADA. ADA has filed three class action lawsuits against insurance carriers alleging federal and state law violations for improperly denied, delayed and/or reduced payment to dentists; undercut fees charged by "out-of-network" dentists without the data required to justify the reductions and a racketeering complaint against three of the nation's largest insurers alleging that they conspired to "deny, reduce and delay" lawful payments to dentists under contract to the plans." To view and read the entire article click here:
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
"2.02 Payment for Non-Covered Services Participating Providers shall hold Members, Doral, Plan and Agency harmless for the payment of non-Covered Services except as provided in this paragraph. Provider may bill a Member for Non-Covered Services if the Provider obtains a written waiver from the Member prior to rendering such service that indicates:
• the services to be provided;
• Doral, Plan and Agency will not pay for or be liable for said services; and
• Member will be financially liable for such services."
Please remember to obtain the patient's written waiver and signature before collecting or billing for non-covered procedures. If you need additional information on this requirement or assistance with writing your waiver documents, contact your D-TECH account representative.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Onward and upward!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
I have great news! D-TECH has been working feverishly with Doral USA, Unison Health Plan, the DCPCA and local public health providers to enhance the benefits for the DC Alliance and DC Medicaid dental programs. Effective April 1, 2009, Unison has increased their fee schedule to participating providers and added five new procedure codes to their Adult Alliance benefit schedule. Based upon feedback from our providers, the following benefits have been added:
¨ D0330 Panoramic film
¨ D4355 Full mouth debridement
¨ D9110 Palliative treatment
¨ D9220 Deep sedation/general anesthesia – first 30 minutes
¨ D9221 Deep sedation/general anesthesia – add 15 minutes
Please note the effective date for D0330 and D9110 under the Adult Alliance program has been back dated to May 1, 2008. All previously denied claims for codes listed above are being reprocessed back to the effective dates.
Unison will also be covering Medicaid Adults(DC Healthy Smiles) effective May 1, 2009. If D-TECH is responsible for your reimbursements, we will make all of the necessary changes in your system to ensure a smooth transition. Please contact your account representative at D-TECH is you have questions about how these changes affect your office.
Onward and Upward!